Pips Cider - Boar Chops with Cider Ingredients
Write a review
- 2 boar chops (or pork loin chops)
- 1 small bulb of garlic
- a little oil for frying
- 100ml dry cider
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 50ml double cream
- a dessertspoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat the oven to 200c and warm an oven dish.
- Season the chops on each side.
- Crush the garlic but no need to peel.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Brown the chops for a few minutes on each side.
- Add the garlic whilst cooking the chops.
- Place the browned chops and garlic into the oven dish.
- Add the thyme and bay leaf.
- De-glaze the frying pan with the cider and reduce by half.
- Pour over the chops.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Check at half time and baste if necessary.
- The chops should be cooked through but still moist.
- Set the chops aside and keep warm.
- Strain the juices into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the mustard, cream and stir.
- Reduce further if necessary.
- Finally add the chopped parsley and pour the sauce over the chops.
- Serve with mashed or new potatoes and leafy greens.
Pips Cider http://pipscider.phx-web.co.uk/